Do your elbows and knees look dark and scruffy? When pigmentation occurs on these areas of the skin, scrubbing with soap does not usually help one get an even skin tone. Here are a few natural remedies that will help one lighten the skin tone of elbows and knees...
- Lemon has natural bleaching properties which can help even skin tone. Apply the juice of a lemon on these areas, massage gently, leave on for 10 minutes, rinse with warm water. Repeat this for a couple of weeks and see the difference.
- Curd is known to be a good moisturiser. But not many know that sour curd can also help lighten one's skin tone. Add a teaspoon of vinegar and gram flour to sour curd, and apply the mix. Rinse after 15 minutes with warm water.
- Mix baking soda with milk to get a thick paste. Apply the paste on your elbows and knees and rinse after five minutes. Do this once a week for two months.
- Aloe vera helps make the skin supple. Break open a fleshy aloe vera leaf, and apply the pulp on rough skin. Leave on for about 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. Top up with a aloe moisturiser.
- To soften rough skin, apply massage affected areas with coconut oil, and then go for a warm shower. Do not apply soap, just pat dry. You can squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice, too.